The Endowment of Self Expression

Self Expression is a beautiful endowment. A number of us make good use of the diverse talents that God has given us. We even have a multitude of avenues at our disposal to express them in. We can express ourselves through various mediums, whether it is through art, literature, music, fashion or with a phenomenal personality that leaves an impression that is yet to be forgotten. I for one would rather take my last breath than relinquish my ability to convey my thoughts to those that are ever so kind to listen or take note.

I have always been the one with so much to say, whether it was vocally or whether I was making good use of my pen or my keystrokes. I was that child that was often sent home with a note that read "Although a great student, she is just too talkative." I have even been known to be communicative with facial expressions even when trying hard not to be. I just could not be still or expressionless if my life depended on it. I was that child that had to audition and go to the school of the performing arts. I was that child that would be in the school's talent show or play.

I enjoyed being the presenter or center stage. I had to be in the Dance, Drama, Journalism, Yearbook and T.V. Production classes. I enjoyed being the one giving the school's morning news through our school's little T.V. network. The opportunity to captivate the attention of others and make some sort of impression for the better is and has been my life long mission statement. I truly appreciate my family & friends for allowing me to continue to be me & not censor me. I am grateful that they understand my need for me to put my spin on things.

Throughout the years I have exercised self expression through my personal collection of sketches, poems, private journals and love for extreme style. But, as time progresses and daily struggles of life exist, we often move away and lose who we truly are as well as that innovative energy. The day dreams that were constantly filled with yet to be conquered master plans and adventures yet to be taken are now replaced with, how one is going to make it through this new life issue or obstacle. Such worries can definitely eradicate ones creativity or supreme ability to be expressive and reach the paramount of ones soul. Such worries or life changes can cause one to forget who we really are and what we are capable of being.

I want to thank those who have helped mold, motivate, and inspire me, whether you did it intentionally or inadvertently. Everyone you meet in life does have a divine purpose in helping you become the person you are today, whether it was for the good or the bad. Never forget express and acknowledge the value of others in your life. Never forget who you are and your need to release and self express.

0 comments:

Post a Comment